Box 7 Ministries is led by believers in Christ who are also passionate about the marching music arts. Our vision is that staff would be directly serving a drum corps organization or locally mentoring drum corps members and leaders. Curious about how to become a partner with this ministry? More information here.
Central Box 7 Staff
Our full-time staff are supported and employed through our partner organization, Reliant Mission.
Evan Woods Executive Director of Box 7 Ministries
- Evan grew up in Ohio and graduated from Abilene Christian University in Abilene, Texas, with a music education degree and business minor. He lives in Denton, Texas, is a member of The Village Church in Denton, and has participated church-based training programs in biblical counseling (The Village Church), missions (Perspectives on the World Christian Movement), and theology (Denton Bible Church).
- Evan worked for Carolina Crown from 2012-2016, in roles of brass instruction, communications, and administration. He marched the Crossmen Drum & Bugle Corps in 2004 and 2006, then worked for Crossmen in 2008-2011 as the assistant tour director and volunteer coordinator. He started the Drum Corps Food Network on Facebook. Since 2008, he has worked with the Marcus High School Marching Band in Flower Mound, Texas. He also taught for 3 years with the band at Liberty Christian School in Argyle, Texas.
Karl Koemmpel Campus Minister at the University of North Texas
- Karl is from Bremerton, Washington and graduated from Central Washington University, where he studied music and was active as a leader with the Chi Alpha campus ministry. He began raising support in the fall of 2014 to work with Box 7. In August 2015, he moved to Denton, TX to finish raising support and begin full-time ministry focused on evangelism, discipleship, and training leaders at the University of North Texas. He completed the Denton Bible Church men’s theology training program in 2016, and now is a member at The Village Church in Denton.
- Karl is teaching his 4th season on the Visual Staff at Crossmen. He marched mellophone with Seattle Cascades from 2010-2011 and then Blue Devils in 2012, aging out in 2013. He has experience teaching with high school band programs on the west coast, and enjoys performing on french horn.
Nathan Pratt Campus Minister at Indiana University – Bloomington
- Nathan is a native of Bloomington and a graduate of Indiana University, where he studied music education. He currently teaches music full-time at Tri-Point Middle School in Bloomington. He was also a Drum Major of the Marching Hundred at Indiana University. Nathan and his wife, Sierra, serve as leaders with their church, Red Door Church for theCanvas – a ministry for college students and 20-somethings in Bloomington. His role for Box 7 includes resource development and contact management.
- Nathan is currently the lead mellophone technician for the Madison Scouts. He marched mellophone with the Scouts from 2010-2012, serving as a soloist, horn captain, and Box 7 leader.
Partnership Staff (Future)
Partnership Staff with Box 7 are full-time or part-time staff for other churches, college, or high school ministries. Partnership Staff will generally have experience in the marching music arts and serve actively in outreach and discipleship for young adults in DCI, WGI, or other marching music groups in their community.
Zach Ashcraft Photography & Video
- Zach is from Bedford, Texas and graduated from the University of Denver with a degree in trumpet performance. He marched from 2007-2010 at Blue Stars, aging out as a drum major in 2010. He was on tour staff at Crossmen for 2011-2013, and also creates multimedia for the Blue Stars. He completed a Production Internship at The Village Church, and does freelance photography and videography in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. Visit Zach’s Website to see more of his work. Zach is also the acclaimed director of the Couchmen Drum & Bugle Corps.
Alicia Conrad Women’s Ministry Resources
- Alicia was on staff with Box 7 from 2012-2016 and now works full-time for RightNow Ministries in McKinney, TX as a content writer.
- Alicia is from Sioux Falls, South Dakota and graduated from the University of Nebraska at Lincoln. She now lives in Dallas, Texas and is member of The Village Church, having served as a sponsor in the Recovery program, and completed the church’s Theological Training Program.
- Alicia taught the 2013-2015 seasons on the Visual Staff at Phantom Regiment. She marched trumpet at Phantom Regiment from 2005-2008, then served as an assistant tour director in 2010 and 2011. She has been a marching technician at the Marcus High School Marching Band in Flower Mound, Texas. As an elementary music teacher, Alicia taught in Richardson ISD and Northwest ISD. She was also a cast member in the 2008 Japan tour of Odyssey: Brass Angels.
Box 7 Staff Are Supported Through:
Reliant is the new name for Great Commission Ministries. Our mission agency is now called Reliant: same gospel mission, new name.
Reliant is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization for missions employment and approved by the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability.
Board of Directors for Box 7 Ministries
Jim Williams Chairman
Clemmons, North Carolina
General Manager of Courtyard Marriott, Charlotte City Center
Former Board of Directors for Carolina Crown
Marched Matadors (’86)
Richard Brindley Staff Supervisor
Sending Program Minister, The Village Church
Spiritual Formation Fellow at Dallas Theological Seminary (’07-’11)
Young Life Staff and Hebron High School Band Staff (’00-’09)
Marched Santa Clara Vanguard (’99-’01)
Evan Woods Director of Box 7
Marcus High School Marching Band staff since 2008
Brass instructor at Liberty Christian School, Argyle, TX (’09-’12)
Marched & worked at Crossmen (’04-’11)
Volunteer/Admin Staff at Carolina Crown (2012-2016)
Band Director at Vines High School
Leader for Navigators at University of North Texas (’10-’12)
Clinician for Bands of America Summer Symposium (’11)
Conductor at Phantom Regiment (’10)